Secure Online Payment Service
Enjoy peace of mind when shopping online with your Baiduri Visa and MasterCard credit, debit and prepaid cards.
Baiduri Secure Online Payment Service is facilitated from Visa and MasterCard to offer you protection against potential online fraud with a One-Time Password (OTP) when making an online purchase at participating 3D Secure outlets.
- ✓Additional verification for greater peace of mind
- ✓Enchances online security without additional software required
- ✓Simple and convenient
How It Works
- When you are done shopping online, you would proceed to the payment page for purchasing items in your shopping bag.
- At the payment page, you will be prompted to key in your card number, card expiry date and security number before you confirm purchase.
- While your transaction is being processed, a One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile phone number in our file.
- A pop-up screen will appear asking to enter your SecureCode OTP. Enter the OTP provided on your phone.
- Your transaction is now authenticated, and your purchase is confirmed.
- What is Secure Online Payment Service?
Secure Online Payment Service is a 3D Secure security protocol used by banks worldwide to authenticate online card transactions. You can recognize 3D Secure merchants by the Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode logos on the online merchant’s website.
- Which Baiduri card will have this security protocol?
All Baiduri-issued Visa and MasterCard credit, debit and prepaid cards will have this security protocol.
- How does this make online purchasing secure?
Normally when making online purchases, you are only required to input the card information found on your payment card. With 3D Secure, you would have an added security step where an OTP is sent to your registered mobile phone number. This added step in the payment process helps confirm that you are the genuine cardholder.
- Do I need to enrol for 3D Secure?
No enrolment is required as all cardholders are automatically enrolled. Please ensure that you have updated your latest mobile phone number with us as the OTP will be sent to the mobile phone number in our file.
- What are the benefits of 3D Secure and why do I need a One-Time Password (OTP)?
3D Secure provides an added layer of security by prompting you for an OTP when you make an online purchase. This helps to protect against online fraud by verifying that the customer making the online purchase is the rightful owner of the credit card.
- What is a One-Time Password (OTP)?
One-Time password (OPT) is a security feature that offers computer-generated passwords to verify that you are a genuine cardholder. OTP is usually sent to your registered mobile phone number when you make an online purchase.
- Do all online transactions require me to key in an OTP?
No. Only online transactions that are considered high risk require an OTP for verification to ensure that certain security criteria is met.
- What happens if I were to key in the wrong OTP 3 times in a row?
You will not be able to complete the transaction and will be rerouted back to the merchant website. Your card will also be blocked from further online transactions. Please contact Baiduri Bank Call Center at 244 9666 for further assistance.
- What does it mean if the screen displays "Card Blocked"?
It means that your transaction cannot be authenticated because you have entered the wrong OTP 3 times in a row. Your card is therefore blocked from any further online transactions. Please call Baiduri Bank Call Centre at 244 9666 for further assistance.
- If I do not have a mobile phone number registered with the Bank, can I still make online purchases?
If the transaction requires you to enter an OTP for verification, you will not be able to continue as the OTP can only be sent to a registered mobile phone number. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to update your mobile phone number with us by calling Baiduri Bank Call Centre at 244 9666 if you have not done so already.
- I am currently/I will be working overseas for 6 months. Can you send the OTP to my overseas number when I do an online transaction there?
Yes, OTP can be sent to an overseas number as long as this number is informed to the Bank. Simply call Baiduri Bank Call Centre at 244 9666 during normal banking hours to update your mobile phone number.
- What happens if the OTP did not reach my mobile?
Please allow at least 3 minutes for a OTP to be sent to your registered mobile phone number. If you still have not received the OTP, please contact Baiduri Bank Call Centre at 244 9666 for further assistance.
- What should I do if I changed my mobile number?
Please contact Baiduri Bank Call Centre at 244 9666 to update your mobile phone number.
- Now that I have updated my phone number, when can I attempt to do an online transaction?
As soon as your mobile phone number is updated, you can do an online transaction that same day.
- What should I do if I already updated my mobile phone number and I still did not receive the OTP?
Please contact Baiduri Bank Call Centre at 244 9666 to log your issue.
- What shall I do if the screen freezes/standstill during authentication?
If your screen freezes for more than 3 minutes, you may need to retry/redo your transaction. If the problem still persists, please contact please contact Baiduri Bank Call Centre at 244 9666 for further assistance.
- By the time I receive the OTP, the authentication page has timed out. How can I get through the secure process like this?
You may have to redo your transaction once the page has timed out. If the problem still persists, please contact please contact Baiduri Bank Call Centre at 244 9666 for further assistance.
- If I do not want this security feature, can I opt out of it?
If you are a frequent online shopper, we strongly recommend against this option as the 3D Secure provides you with a stronger protection from card fraud. If you do not shop online, you will not experience this security feature in your normal card transactions.
Update Your Contact Details Here
With 3D Secure, you would have an added security step where a One-Time Password (OTP) is sent to your registered mobile phone number when you make purchases online.
It is therefore important that all Baiduri Visa and MasterCard cardholders update their main mobile phone number(s) immediately to avoid any inconvenience. If you have any supplementary cards under you, please also proceed to update each supplementary cardholder’s mobile phone number(s).
For more information, please call Baiduri Bank Call Centre at 244 9666 from 7am to 12 midnight daily including public holidays.